Monday, January 18, 2016

Happy New Year! And a thought on Blogging

Hi, peeps!

Wishing everyone a healthy HAPPY NEW YEAR--even if I am several weeks late. :)

But I'm sure I caught several of you through Facebook, Twitter or Instagram. Which brings me to my New Year's thoughts on my blog...

No, I have not abandoned by blog. Not entirely. I will continue to post a little update about myself or writing once a month. But that's all I'm afraid.

With so many other social media platforms out there, blogging (for me) doesn't hold the appeal as it once had several years ago. I've made great friends and met awesome writers through blogging, but now I follow them on other outlets so I don't always feel the draw to catch up with them by blog now.

Plus, it's a time thing, really. ROI. (Return on Investment) How much time I put into blogging vs outcome. And I can say, other social media venues take MUCH less time (for me) and I get back MUCH more in return.
What is "Return"? It can be engagement with readers/writers or just plain sales.

The web and the whole writing environment is constantly changing, so for me, I need to change too.

So why blog at all? you might ask.

Well, a few reasons:
1) I have my blog listed on my website. Some new readers who find me might be interested in something I'm saying or have said.
2) My blog is listed and seen on Goodreads, where readers can get information.
3) My blog still has a following on blog sites and new people are still discovering it through Google and the tags I've listed in my posts.

So that's all from me. Until next month...

Jennifer


7 comments:

H. R. Sinclair said...

I think it's find to post once a month. Whatever works, right? And what is easiest for you (or whoever) to get all the things done that need gettin' done!

Happy New Year to you too!

L. Diane Wolfe said...

It's not as viable as it once was, but I still wouldn't abandon my blog. (Not after almost 11 years!) If once a month works, then do it.

Twitter is just too big for me to keep up with everyone. Facebook, we don't get to see most of the updates, so I'm not too hip on it either.

Marja Verschoor-Meijers said...

Once or twice a months is enough to keep a blog up I think, keeping the posts SHORT but interesting helps too. I am on FB, Twitter and Pinterest, but then again.... not everyone is. I do a little bit of everything :)
HAPPY New Year to you!

Liza said...

See you next month. I understand FB, Twitter, Instagram etc. are much more instantaneous, but I guess I'm still a fan of where time, and effort is invested. Wishing you the best.

dolorah said...

I feel like every post I make lately is about cutting back on blogging. I miss it when I stop coming around though.

Karen Lange said...

Wishing you all the best with your endeavors. There are so many social media places to put your energy toward anymore, it's hard to know which ones to choose. I'll continue blogging for now, but I may be following suit in the future. One can really only be in so many places at once. Hope you and your family are doing well! :)

Anonymous said...

Hey Are Using Wordpress For Your Site Platform? I'm New To The Blog World But I'm Trying To Get Started And Create My Own. Do You Need Any Coding Expertise To Make Your Own Blog? Any Help Would Be Really Appreciated! Agen Bola